Thursday, 31 December 2009

Thank u 2009

Okay so just one more quick entry before 2009 ENDS!!! The time really has zoomed away and even thou I'm not "as" busy as I mite be in say Singapore with more parties and stuff to attend, I have to say that December has come to an alarmingly FAST end.

To be honest, I'm more excited about my winter holiday than the looming New Year Eve tonight (but I'll get to that). Yes I feel that it's a significant time when it comes to farewelling a year gone by and embracing 2010...but it won't be a huge "hoo-ha" here in Brunei without the crowds, parties & fireworks. I've spent part of the arvo dropping emails to old friends in an effort to just remember them. Wishing them Happy New Year is a great time to touch base. I miss my friends!

But most of my energy has been channeled into planning our itinerary for Beijing. Can't believe we're flying off next week! yippeee! I just love jumping online to read about the new hip spots that make this city even more awesome than it already is. Found this website called localnoodles.com.cn that offers useful restaurant reviews & updates on the latest new places.

Not only can we be immersed in chinese history & culture (it'll be like the 3rd time in e Imperial Palace for me) but we can also indulge in some incredible restaurants and range of cuisines available....e'thing from hot pots, muslim lamb skewers & of course "kaoya" (peking duck). So stay tuned for my return and I can't wait to share my fave picks here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Bring on 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment