Monday, 7 December 2009

Brunei Dinners

Life in Brunei - let me mention the challenges first! There is seriously a major lack of good restaurants here. I'm not even looking for excellent - I'm merely hoping for "some" good food. And basically we have exhausted our options. We only eat out on weekends (thank God) which works out to be maybe 2 or 3 restaurant dinners a week. So we rotate... between a little jap place in Kiarong called Kaizen, or a yummy steak at Deals, Sheraton Hotel (we even know the waiter now hehe!) and pastas & pizzas at Villa Mauri. Those are our top 3.

[For those living here.... any other suggestions????]

Soooo anyhow the lack of variety here leads us to cook our own yummy dinners once in awhile and did I mention how great a cook my bf happens to be?! hehe! On saturday nite, he was in charge of the menu and I was to create the desired ambience :P That's another thing u kinda don't find here. The local restaurants love to stick a plasma tv to the wall...as the entertainment for the night. If I wanted to watch tv, I would just get take away and eat in the comfort of my own home. If u don't get a tv, then you're likely to get soppy soppy ol 90's lovesongs playin in the background.

My personal choice of ambience music would be more a mix of Nat King Cole & Michael Buble....jazzy, classic tunes playing gently in the background. Then the candles... a very simple way to create some mood.... and soft lighting. That's it!

Another bonus about eating in.... it's totally private dining. hehe! Don't have to pay for that luxury. AND AND AND... we can have wine with our dinner. No corkage! yeah! That's better than all the restaurants in Melbourne & Spore (that I noe of... cos e'body charges corkage there!)

It was a simple, romantic night of some wine, double brie, steak & aiglio olio pasta for dinner. Only thing really missing was dessert - which we were a little too full for. Satisfied :)

No comments:

Post a Comment