Tuesday, 2 February 2010

My struggle with Fitness!

So I spent some of the afternoon researching & reading about core strengthening exercises on the internet. Having paid for a personal trainer once upon a time, I'm not gonna repeat that mistake again. Did u noe that most trainers in Asia have barely any qualifications in the first place? sheesh!

Anyway I think my biggest weakness in terms of fitness is the lack of core strength and regular lower back pain (even when I'm doing the dishes for 5mins). Also doesn't help that I've put on quite a bit of tummy fat ever since I got to Brunei and officially can't fit into 2 of my fave pair of jeans. Bugger!

The last few months of going to the gym have not produced any visible results as yet which is rather demoralizing. So hv decided to follow some of these workout advice based on my online research.

  1. - Do cardio at different intensity levels - interval training.
  1. - Do lots of Core Strengthening exercises as often as poss. like The Plank, The Bridge & Bird-Dog Balance (who comes up with these names?!?!?!) Does she (right) resemble a bird or dog in any way in tis position?
  1. - Build muscle in arms & legs on alternate days.

This is an on-going battle to get fit for me. No matter how hard I try to hit the gym regularly, I never seem to enjoy the so-called benefits of say...sleeping better at nites, or gaining more energy in the day, or actually shedding some of tat body fat! So far....nothing.

But I guess for now, I'll just focus on understanding my body, locating my um deep abs (muscle tat gets neglected but is crucial to my whole core apparently)... and re-learning to use & control these muscles to strength my core and reduce back pain.

[check out tis article for more info: http://www.better-exercise-fitness-for-life.com/core-exercises.html#deep-muscle]

The body fat loss issue is secondary - having no back pain, a healthy heart and being more fit is more of the priority I'd say. Wouldn't u?

No comments:

Post a Comment