Monday, 23 November 2009

The wait...for the big question.

Okay so let me be completely honest here. One of the things I'm waiting on is.... a proposal. Yeah it's no major surprise. My bf and I have talked about it in rather great lengths - not the proposal itself but marriage. It will not come as a major major surprise when he decides to pop the question (althou he may be lucky and catch me off guard!!) and I guess it's different for every gal. Some are shocked beyond belief and never saw it coming while others have already shopped for their engagement ring and wearing it before he has even officially asked for her hand in marriage (hv read blogs abt this in the US). Better yet are some of the Singaporean proposals which culturally come in the form of "will u buy a HDB flat with me?" (hehe! this happened to my gf & at the time, I was still learning to embrace much of e Sporean culture so i wasn't too impressed and boy did I have words with the bf...haha! But in the end, he did follow up with a very romantic proposal in HK - sweet.)

Anyhow for those out there who may find themselves in similar shoes to moi.... it's just the most funny, wierd, limbo feeling...rite?!? Talking about something that's going to happen but not knowing quite when and having absolutely no control over it. This is what "waiting" is all about. hehe!

While life goes on and I'm multi-tasking other things in my life, there are also certain things like moving out into a house of our own, designing and renovating a nice big master bedroom...which we've talked so much about but I just can't get on with it yet! I'm a little of two minds - wanting it to happen so that I move into the next stage of life (& enjoy the renovated pad hehe!) and at the same time, kinda happy to wait and not rush into the many new responsibilities that married life will throw on me.

For now, I shall be content with my existing bedroom, where the books sit in piles on the floor instead of book shelves, minimal furnishings and DIY bathroom shelving..... And I wait... until it's time to move on. There is indeed a time for everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment