Saturday, 21 November 2009

Domestic Goddess wannabe

Man! Why do we have so many chores to do and why are they so not fun?!?! I get my good days and bad days - some days I just cannot get motivated to do anything. But once the motivation kicks in - I can be super efficient...thank God! During those times, it takes less than 5 mins to fold and put away my laundry and yet I can leave a pile sitting there (calling my name) for days and days and days. hehe! Just terrible! Not sure any household can function at the mercy of me...waiting til I feel like doing the chores. yikes! I best not think about it and will pray that I grow to like my chores more and grow supernatural powers to conquer them when I need to. hehe!

Living in Asia really does spoil me in not having to iron my own clothes or mop/vacuum the floor - these are my most dreaded chores EVA! Being able to afford some help is bliss and I know....that when I eventually move back to Oz, it will be self-torture cos by default, I'm choosing to go "without help". oh boy!

It's taken me sometime to get used to having maids around thou. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of them cleaning around me while I'm sitting on my butt reading and drinking my coffee. The guilt is just horrible! I just feel so bad, and it's hard to switch it off. Having to also manage a maid as part of your household and allowing them into your home is another huge challenge - I'm observing my friends move outta their parents place and hire their own maid and setting the ground rules, the huge trust issues and the humanity factor - how should they be treated??!?

Ultimately I'm not there yet. I would just get walked all ova...cos I'd end up being too nice to them (which for me is just about treating them like another human being - which u can't!!!). So until I get first hand experience in managing them and living with them - the verdict is out. That's why I just wanna be at peace with my chores for now. hehe! And hope hope hope that the um "cleaning" inspiration (they come is such fleeting short bursts) will come so much more frequently. It's really about being house-proud and that I know...I have. I love making my home look and feel nice and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment