Sunday, 9 May 2010

Independent Weekend

I realised it not...... until this weekend. I kinda missed my independence! One of the errr slight symptoms of being in a relationship. But let me clarify....I use the term "independence" loosely to mean not having to think or worry abt your other half for a bit. Just doing my own thing really.

As u can guess, jin's away this weekend and so I've had to entertain myself. Initially I only had negative thoughts abt him leaving me alone....in a country where I've yet to really feel totally at home in, or at least be secure because I'm surrounded by family and friends...not!!

But it's been good - driving off to the gym for my class without having to worry about who's using the car, opening a bottle of wine and settling in with some chick flicks cos its what I want to watch, sleeping in and not worrying abt what time I had to have breakfast, and basically enjoying the house all to myself! It's nice :) I'm indulging in a little selfishness I think and that's okay. Don't you think?!?

Oh...it also means more yummy home-cooked meals. Dinner was a pan-fried salmon fillet w/ roasted baby carrots & potatoes and salad, washed down with a glass of delicious Shiraz :)


Lunch today consisted of a tuna penne salad, tossed w/ sweet corn & argula plus a side of roasted pumpkin! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment