Monday, 8 March 2010

Code of Silence

I've had quite a few things on my mind lately...stuff that I've been wanting to write about here......BUT I realised something cruciaL recently - my country of abode right now requires me to take a unique "code of silence" !! hehe! This is the kinda thing that you so easily take for granted in western countries - freedom of speech, democracy and all. But that's not the case everywhere and some places simply have their own rules. I'm learning!

I can be cryptic thou :) Well I'll try to be anyway cos some of the things that I want to share are what makes this place so damn interesting! Like last weekend, I was taken to a new place for dinner. That is indeed a big deal cos as I've mentioned before, we're really limited to a handful of cafes/restaurants here. Not set up in any normal err venue, the food had an amazing home-cooked feel & was super yummy and inexpensive. I can't exactly identify the place but I believe I only need to say one thing.....

SALTED EGG COATED DEEP FRIED CHICKEN!! hehe!


Trust me...it's to die for :) And it is what this place is known for. Way better than KFC. I honestly find gems in the most unusual of places - places that are not always fully legit, but who cares! We'll definitely be back...afterall it's only just around the corner. hehe!

p.s Inside my head, I've been working on a list of the Top 5 Must-Dos for Brunei. I believe this just made it to my Top 5 list. More to come so stay tuned. (of course I'm rather slow in my Brunei discoveries so if there are any suggestions out there - do leave a note!)

No comments:

Post a Comment